Can’t believe it’s been a week since the last 6 on Saturday but what a week! Some of you lucky people had snow while down here all we had was rain and well a few flakes of snow and then more rain and then frost, lots of frost but that said I like a good frost. But it has well and truly marked the main start of winter and this is does make finding 6 things on Saturday a little harder to find. But like anything the harder you look the more you shall find!
1) Pittosporum ‘Tom Thumb’ I love pittosporums one of my favourite evergreen shrubs, this form is slow growing form and makes a great plant of winter interest
2) Rudbeckia seed heads just turn this stunning black colour after they have finished flowering, just how stunning it this !
3) nature is wonderful isn’t, this crumbling section of wall is being dripped on from a leaking gully above had led this brilliant spot for mosses and ferns to thrive, harts tongue fern and maiden hair spleenwort are just two that have made home here
4) The common snowberry, Symphoricarpus alba to give it’s real name and to be honest I do not like this plant at all, it’s a bit spreading, gets everywhere but just look at the berries, like winter pearls!
5) Pampas grasses are such big plants that do need a bit of space to really work, indeed some of the best planting’s I have seen were planted on a roundabout, looked beautiful as does this clump in the early evening light, I love the large plumes of them, catching the first rays of sunshine or the last few moments before darkness appears
6) ok will be a bit cheeky this week and feature a job I have done another blog on, cutting back the old leaves on Hellebores but it’s a prefect job to do this week so take a look and see how easy it is. It can be found here
I hope you enjoyed my 6 on Saturday from My clients gardens. If you did please checkout other people’s 6 on the memes founder website https://thepropagatorblog.wordpress.com/ I love seeing other people’s plants and what’s happening in their gardens. Why not give it ago yourself next week and give me a shout so I can take a look
Until next week, have fun in the garden